Thread: FF Advice
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #17
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Tennessee has some of the worst safety play in the NFL. Both Hilton and Avery can abuse them deep. The CBs are decent, so I do expect Wayne to be held somewhat in check on the intermediate throws. The Titans under their new OC want to throw the ball extensively these last few games to get a good look at Locker. This game has the makings of a shoot out, which is good news for Luck owners.

Meanwhile, Atlanta is one of the best defenses against the pass. Their entire secondary is good. They are also coming off a gameplan that completely shut down Jimmy Graham, not good for Olsen. Brandon LaFell, I believe, is out for this game as well. Newton already isn't the best passer and the Carolina O-line is banged up. Meanwhile, the Carolina defense is bad, and Ryan never struggles in back to back games. Newton can get you points by scrambling and scoring, but if the Falcons get up big, which is likely, he'll be forced to pass.

In this particular matchup, I'd say the odds are heavily in Luck's favor to be the higher scoring fantasy QB. Newton is much more riskier, but also has the better chance to hit a homerun (30+ points via multiple rushing scores).
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote