View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #10
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
Completely agree with 2 & 4, but honestly, Moreno has no moves. None. Remember the days when Terrell Davis would just slide away from tacklers. In contrast, Moreno runs into the assigned hole. If there is a hole, he gains yards, and yes, fights for every inch. If not, he just runs into the tacklers.

Hillman has shown flashes here and there, but he hasn't dazzled anyone.
It's easy to be down on Moreno, but the guy fights for yards. He's not a great runner, and would be better if he was more fluid and could cut-back...but he doesn't. Neither Moreno, nor Hillman are 'special', but they are good enough to get the job done. I can't complain about their effort.

Quote:
#3 baffles me a little. Sure, O linemen miss blacks from time to time, but this unit has been nothing short of fabulous in protecting Manning, and the run blocking with McGahee in the line-up was good. Not great, but good. I don't understand the nit-picking. If a d lineman gets through, I would bet these guys are coached to grab on regardless of the possible penalty. A ten yard loss is better than a full-speed hit on Manning.
I'm not worried about the OL pass-blocking at all. The Broncos are top 5 in sacks given up. Also, not nit picking about run blocking. They opened up some great holes throughout the game. The OL's run-blocking problems CAN be solved...if they eliminate their mistakes, and get more practice running the ball. Although Beadles had a pretty bad game.

Quote:
All the b****ing about drafting Wolfe where we did shows how little we really know about these draft choices. Wolfe is still learning, and yet has managed to produce the first consistent inside push I can remember since Rubin Carter. Yeah, Jumpy Geathers briefly terrorized QB's from the inside but that was situational and only one year. Wolfe has star potential.
Wolfe is right there man. He made some plays early in the year, and affected a lot of plays. Now, he is getting consistent pressure from the interior, and should have more sacks if not for a Dumervil penalty and Miller being there a split-second before him a few times. Hopefully he continues to progress.

Quote:
I completely disagree on Brooking. The guy is ancient by football standards and yet seems to always find his way to the ball. Unbelievable instincts. I love this guy.
I like Brooking, because he's a Bronco, but I think he and DJ should switch roles. Every big run you see, Brooking is being completely blocked out of the play. As time goes on, I think you will see a switch.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote