View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #63
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Manning is a once every 25 year QB. In fact he is probably the best thinking QB that has ever played the game. A coach on the field, probably better at knowing what the defense is doing than anyone else on the team ( including the coaches).

A talent like his is not going to be easy to replace because of that. A pure drop back passing QB is not enough. Expecting that Osweiler will be able to perform like Manning is pretty unlikely. Unless he is in the Franchise category ( (a big IF) there will be significant drop off when he takes the reins after Manning. Manning is Manning becasue he is Dedicated and works harder than almost anyone else. Combined with his talent that gives him his
dominance. I have no idea if Osweiler ( or any other QB) we have or might get have that level of work ethic. I have heard that Luck is like Manning in that respect. It is starting to show in the results also.
My point was the rest of the O will be trained the right way. Thus the need to retool is absurd.

Add to that, manning is taking the rookie under his wing and teaching at every opportunity unlike in years past. I suspect that John saw something in this kid that told him he was worth the pick to replace Manning down the road.

Not saying he will, but so far John has hit just about every pick he has made. For now that is good enough for me.

As far as work ethic it is unlikely that those trained by Manning will slack off and perhaps even work harder because they know the kid needs their help. They will have tasted big wins and hopefully a couple more lombardis. Might be enough incentive to continue.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote