View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #266
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I agree that none of the remaining games are going to be easy. And I agree that both Moreno and Hillman need to establish themselves as 4.0 ypc RB's consistently. Hopefully both Moreno and Hillman can hit their stride in these 4 remaining games against bottom third run Defenses, so we can get some momentum rushing the ball going into the playoffs. These OL need all the run blocking work they can get. The situation couldn't be better.

Decker and Dreesen also need to establish themselves as more reliable targets/blockers.

I like where the Defense is headed. They are eliminating weaknesses. The more they play together the better they get.
I'd say that Moreno has established himself as such a RB, but like most RBs that comes with a mix of 0-2 yard gains paired up with a mix of 5-8 yard gains. What he needs to do is show a way in which he can break off a 20+ yard play with some regularity (by that I mean about once a week). One big play he can give this team to help win on top of his yeoman's effort the rest of the game. That is what we need him to deliver, a little extra spark. McGahee had that, he could be mired in a 15 carry, 50 yard game with no real good runs all day and suddenly bull rush his way to a 25 yard run for a critical first down. We need Moreno to show that.

It doesn't need to be a run, it can come on a pass too, where he's historically most effective. That is what he needs to start showing though for this offense to really take the next step. Him (or Hillman) becoming another weapon Manning can get a big play or two out of week to week.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote