View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #1830
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
He was the DC at Wisconsin before he took over the NIU program two years ago, after taking over NIU his record is 23-4 as a head coach. I like the idea of having a young enthusiastic head coach with a defensive background. State had a boat load of defensive talent this season, and the only thing keeping them from competing in the ACC was miserable coaching. I wish Dana Bible would stick around, but Yow wants a complete overhaul. Only time will tell I guess. My biggest fear is Doeren leaving the program if he is successful in turning around, and a bigger school comes calling.
That's always a concern yes. I'm actually quite concerned that we'll lose Golden after next season, as I'm about 80% sure Miami will win the ACC next year and make an appearance in the Orange Bowl and that will be the first season after sanctions are announced so he'll try to maximize his earnings at its highest point before the scholie reductions start to kick in (although we are going to self impsoe 5 ships for this year's class in addition to the 2 bowls). I think he's waiting right now because he knows next year should be an excellent season with what is arguably the deepest WR corps in the country and a full OL all back, with Morris back and ofcourse Duke starting. The offense will be killer next season and the defense should improve. Coupled with FSU losing alot of defensive talent means we should be the preseason favorite to win the conference. They'll need to pay 3m to keep him and I dont think they'll pay that kind of money. So I'm concerned about our situation also.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote