View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #1827
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
That idea is grating me terribly right now. Louisville is the same kind of situation. As soon as Strong started turning the program around, I commented to my wife that it doesn't mean anything because the better he does, the faster he moves on to a better program. Then they have to start over from scratch.

I just rooted for Michigan as a kid and they never had that problem so until I went to college, I didn't realize the issue that it is. Now I've been following Louisville for a few years and the whole thing is infuriating. The only bit of happiness I could take from it all was seeing Petrino's whole life fall apart. I take it as karma for leaving Louisville...
The good news for NC State is they are losing a MONSTER senior class, so it will take Doeren time to get this team in favorable light.

It makes you wonder though, this whole notion of namesake advancement, what could have been for some of these "lesser" football programs. Where would NU be without Devanay, Bama without Bryant (20 years w/o championship contention), you don't get that in modern college football. Maybe Boise state with Chris Peterson, or Mark Dantonio with MSU.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote