View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #1824
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
? Their offense hasn't been the problem this year. Taylor occasionally has games with a couple bad INTs, but he's also almost solely responsible for half their wins this year. They should be dangerous again on offense next year, with a senior QB, and a deep group of RBs. The zone read offense they run along with a large group of other looks is actually pretty up to date with the rest of college ball.

What is dispiriting is how spectacular the defense was under him his first two years, and how the last two years have seen it fall off a cliff. Which would point obviously to a dip in talent.

What does it take for him to get fired? I think fans are increasingly realistic about Nebraska's place in college football. They aren't Florida or Ohio St; they won't compete for national titles year in and year out, will have a recruiting disadvantage. But in the Big Ten they should still compete to go to the Rose Bowl every few years. And Bo has basically kept them at that level.

The big strike is a game like this or the Ohio St one earlier, where they get leveled by any half-decent offense. I remember when he was first hired and they were not winning every game, but hanging with teams that had blown them out previous years, thinking "at least there won't be embarrassing 40+ point losses with this guy in charge of the D." And that just isn't true anymore.
Well Nebraska isn't going to fare well against Georgia, so that will make things interesting. I was talking to my Dad about this today, and we both agree that a blow out against Georgia would be the dagger in the heart for Bos tenure at NU. No way a proud program like Nebraska is going to take two consecutive beat downs without someone's head ending up on a pike. Bo has enough trouble recruiting defensive talent, and losing on national TV to another SEC school in a bowl game isn't going to help his cause.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote