View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #318
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I'm actually a very pro-Goodell guy but I get the feeling that it wasn't this nice and easy to decide for the Chiefs. I get the feeling that the NFL put the hammer down behind closed doors to keep this game going tomorrow.

It absolutely ridiculous to me that they are actually going to play this game tomorrow.
I don't see what is to terrible about playing the game. According to all stories no players witnessed the suicide and so should only be mildly affected - I think it is reasonable to expect that far from every player on the Chiefs roster had significant social or professional interaction with Belcher. Certainly none of the Panthers can be expected to have any significant history with Belcher.

Really we are talking about a handful of people who could be significantly impacted by this and most of them will not be playing any major role in the game.

When I was in grade 8, a kid I knew was beaten to death at a party outside my school on the weekend, that didn't stop people from going to school on Monday and walking by the spot where he died.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote