Thread: Eddie Lacy
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:28 AM   #30
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Bernard would be my #1 RB if we have to take someone early. if it's later on i want Gillislee.

at DT since we won't get Star, either Shariff Floyd,Jonathan Jenkins or Sheldon RIchardson early.
Doubt we take Bernard, he'd render Hillman completely useless. Fox probably does his usual thunder/lightning type thing, and looks for a 215+ lb thumper that can log 200 carries up the gut. Not sure that would be Gillislee either, though it is possible. You'd just like to see more of a load bearing history than one season of 240 carries for a potential between the tackles starter in the NFL.

There's a only a few guys I really view as John Fox style backs in this draft. Eddie Lacy would take a 1st Round pick, Stepfan Taylor and Montee Ball would take 2nd Round picks, and maybe a late round flier on Knile Davis or Marcus Lattimore where we stash them for a year while they heal up. Christine Michael is interesting as a late round/UDFA flier as well, he was kind of lost in Texas AM's new offense, but he has some ability.

This looks like a weak RB draft overall though, too many situational RBs.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is online now   Reply With Quote