Old 12-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #304
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
To be honest, I know this is one of those situations where I'll start being a dick just to push back against people trying to claim that they're sincerely touched by the situation so I know I have to tread carefully to avoid going too far (not necessarily in terms of being banned but in terms of just being sensible and objective).

That all said, I particularly think people are just too reactive and wanting to cast other people as the insensitive, "classless", jerk when these football players die and people make general comments. Nobody here probably even knew the guys name before this incident, how damning could their statements really be? From the three bannings I saw, I saw 2 people going out of their way to make a shock statement (basically trolling), and one person making jokes. Then you had like 97 people coming in acting like it was the next 9/11.

9/11 shook me to my core. This incident slightly affected me more than realizing a few minutes ago that I downloaded the wrong episode of a show I wanted to watch. In today's world, there's just too many instances of this or much worse. Hell, we follow things like the Casey Anthony trial just for entertainment's sake. I have no evidence to say anyone's faking their concern here and, truly, I have no incentive to - but for the sake of arguing, I'm sticking to my opinion that I don't believe anyone really gave a damn aside from the love of drama.
I know where you are coming from. I do believe some cared. Not to the point of crying over someone they didn't know. As I said as a mother I couldn't imagine what the poor lady is going through and for a family suddenly finding out a member is gone. And I think many were just trying to make sense of a heinous act that was hard to comprehend. I wouldn't have said what cutthemdown said but didn't find it over the edge. It was CP and not because of the situation but because he was being himself, a dick just for the sake of being dick. Works both ways.

No, I don't believe I did follow the Casey Anthony trial for entertainment sake. I wanted to see the b**** crucified.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote