View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #276
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I read about this incident, thought "that sucks", then came to see what people were saying about it. A part was to get the gossip details that emerge from social media and the like that mainstream news doesn't post immediately. Another part was to read the comments of the aholes that specialize in shock statements.

After reading the statements, I went with my family to a football game, laughed about fat and ugly cheerleaders, enjoyed my day, then went to Hooters and ogled some hot waitresses and downed some chicken wings.

The point in all this is it's just another person in the world. As someone mentioned earlier, this kind of stuff happens every day. I think people just like to feign impact of these events because it helps them feel like they're a part of the incident and that creates a warm drama in their life.

For a great example of this, look at Chris Henry. Before he made a stupid decision and got himself killed, everyone mocked him as a terrible human being and waste of opportunity. After he died, everyone feigned sadness and support and blah blah blah.

I think it's terrible that the guy did this. I think these stories are terrible every time I read them. That said, the level of sensitivity people bring to these threads makes me roll my eyes so often I think they might actually get stuck that way. So... don't count yourself as the only one that laughed at his post. I'm quite a fan of "too soon?" jokes. The only post I had an issue with was his second one about "next one up" or whatever because I guess I didn't really get it. I assume Romeo made the statement recently or something.
Great post.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote