View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #224
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
Just saw the vid of them hauling Javon Belchers $230,000 Bentley away from Arrowhead this afternoon.. I hope to heavens this selfish dude had the wherewithall and decency to at least have a proper will drawn up in case he kicked the bucket where his young daughter will get the proceeds from that classy ride and anyother assets he might have accumulated?!

Though for an undrafted FA to be buying a Bentley after only 4 years in the league might imply he was running though his cash at a very fast pace?? Maybe he was just leasing it ... still that's a big chunk of change and not the smartest move by an UDFA this early still in his career.
He signed a 1 year contract worth $1.97 million to play in 2012. So his first three years were at league minimum, which is much more than what he made at what I assume was the league minimum, which increases year after year and would have paid him around $500,000 in his third year.

His house was very modest compared to his choice in vehicle. I would hope that he had some money for his daughter....... I would hope. Luckily he qualified for NFL pension after playing the third game this season, in his fourth year. From what I understand you have to play, be inactive on the roster, or on PUP to for a minimum of three games to count for a season and you have to be in league 4 years to qualify.

So I would imagine she would get his pension benefits too.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote