11-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Originally Posted by Hamrob
I think you give Shanny 1 more year. Based on his past...and on RGIII. I think it would be a mistake not to.
Here are my thoughts on Shanny:
1. He takes over a mediocre Denver Squad and wins 2 Championships in 4yrs (should have been 3..Jax)
1. Shanny goes through defensive coordinators like **** through a goose
1. Shanny has too many subpar drafts and some really, really bad FA signings
2. He tries Griese...then, signs Plummer...he goes to a AFC title game..
3. He starts over, drafts Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis, Hixon, Kuper...and reboots
4. He gets 1.5yrs...has the #1 rated offense in the NFL...and is fired
4. Shanny goes to WA and the first thing he does is turn a top rated defense into garbage from which the skins are still struggling with
5. He goes to WA...gets Grossman....then drafts RGIII...who is a rookie
6. At least give the guy a 3rd year with a 2nd year with RGIII
7. Give Shanny 4-5yrs with any top-tiered QB and look out!!!
***I will always believe Bowlen (dick head Joe Ellis) pulled the plug prematurely...had Shanny received 1 more draft/free agent period to improve the defense and give Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis one more year....youch!
fixed. I could put more in there but you get the point.