View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #160
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I think you give Shanny 1 more year. Based on his past...and on RGIII. I think it would be a mistake not to.

Here are my thoughts on Shanny:

1. He takes over a mediocre Denver Squad and wins 2 Championships in 4yrs (should have been 3..Jax)
2. He tries Griese...then, signs Plummer...he goes to a AFC title game..
3. He starts over, drafts Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis, Hixon, Kuper...and reboots
4. He gets 1.5yrs...has the #1 rated offense in the NFL...and is fired
5. He goes to WA...gets Grossman....then drafts RGIII...who is a rookie
6. At least give the guy a 3rd year with a 2nd year with RGIII
7. Give Shanny 4-5yrs with any top-tiered QB and look out!!!

***I will always believe Bowlen (dick head Joe Ellis) pulled the plug prematurely...had Shanny received 1 more draft/free agent period to improve the defense and give Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis one more year....youch!
That is a pretty good analysis. Shanahan spent 6 years after Elway left trying to find a QB then when he got one he was fired two years later. I remember hearing that Elway pissed Shanahan off because he waffled on his retirement and the longer it went the more convinced Shanahan thought he was coming back. When Elway then retired after the draft and after Rich Gannon had already signed with Oakland he was pissed. I guess he wanted Gannon. I wonder how things would have been different wiht Gannon leading the tema for 3 or 4 years after all he did lead Oakland to the SB in 2002.