View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #1604
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Thanks for clearing that up for me South Stands, I am not to familiar with the traditions for that game. I agree, most coaches are full of crap (See Lane Kiffen) Almost 106,000 watched that game today, I know it is truly and event up there.
I live a few miles from the Michigan/Ohio border....so I'm smack dab in the middle of it all....45 minutes from Ann Arbor and 2 hours from Columbus....probably a 60/40 split of Ohio State/Michigan fans here on the Ohio side of the border.

When I was a kid, from elementary school though high school, you wore your Maize and Blue or Scarlett and Gay to school the Friday before the game.

Even at most work places, that's still par for the course....and they even told my 3 year old daughter to wear Michigan or Ohio State colors to preschool on Friday, so it sounds like they still do the same at schools.

If the smack doesn't translate to this board, I get it....but that's the way it is around here.

It would probably make more sense if I was an Ohio State fan living in Ohio, but my dad's good buddy's dad used to be a scout for Michigan and had tickets for every game and used to take me to one or two every year growing up, so I grew up a Michigan fan.

I quit looking at my phone earlier tonight as I got tired of responding to the texts of my drunk buds who are Buckeye fans.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 11-24-2012 at 08:57 PM..
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote