View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 05:56 AM   #14
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Sorry, I just can't get behind this view. There is no joy to be had in beating up a handicapped child. I'm looking forward to the play-offs and hoping the Broncos will do well. But, I can't derive much joy from winning the AFC West this year as it was handed to us on a silver platter. I find it exponentially more enjoyable to watch the Broncos prevail against a worthy opponent. That is why I will always cherish Superbowl XXXII more than Superbowl XXXIII. As Baja mentioned, a franchise tanking this hard hurts the division and the league as a whole.
I agree. As much as I love watching the total joke that is the rest of our division, I miss the days when it was one of the toughest most feared divisions in football. It's been nice watching the Chiefs and Raiders wallow in suck for the past decade but I think I prefer it when things are right in the world, the competition is fierce for the top, and SD is back to finishing in the cellar every year.

I love winning the division but somehow it feels a little hollow compared to years past when you really had to fight for it.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote