Originally Posted by pricejj
1. RB - I don't see the Broncos spending $5M for a FA RB either...there really aren't any guys who would fit well into the Manning system (Felix Jones?). You gotta have a guy who is a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield. A 230 lb. pounder isn't versatile enough. If there is an impact guy in the 1st round, guaranteed we will take him.
2. LB - The Broncos may target an ILB high in the draft (2nd round?). Mays either needs to seriously restructure, or get cut. DJ can't be counted on forever, and Brooking is ancient. It would be wise to draft an impact ILB with talent high in the draft, though they might not want to shake things up just yet, because there are other areas in need of improvement.
3. CB - I think they'll drop Porter, sign another FA CB, and draft another CB. There are lot's available. They will probably resign Sticky Man for a couple more years, hoping they can get him for relatively cheap...he will be tested in the coming weeks. We'll try to roll with 6 CB's next year instead of 5, so a talent infusion is necessary. Not to mention Champ will probably retire after 2014 (probably the same time Manning does).
4. DT - I'm sure the Broncos are going to lock down Vickerson for a couple more years, and probably resign Bannan for one more year. Wolfe should be starting at UT next year you would think. If not, they could make a play at Randy Starks, Ty Warren's spot needs to be replaced.
5. WR - Not sure if Stokley can go another year in the same capacity. Caldwell stays, but Matt Willis gets replaced with a new addition. Whether it's a FA, or draft pick remains to be seen. The Broncos need to add a dynamic playmaker at WR. Matthew Willis is probably gone.
6. OL - You might be right about OT. We don't have the money to throw around for enormous contracts on the OL. Only problem with that is, it's not great to have a rookie LT protecting Manning. But I can't see spending $10M on Clady. I think franchising Clady is a very real possibility. Hopefully they can work something out that won't break the bank.
7. Safety - Rahim Moore has emerged, without question, as the teams best Safety (thank the lord). I see Mike Adams holding onto starting SS, with Bruton backing up. Leonhard and Q. Carter battle it out for the final Safety roster space.
8. DE - They probably bring back the same crew as this year, resigning Jason Hunter on a 1 year deal, which I'm fine with. Elvis and Von on the edges can't be beat.
9. TE - Is Julius Thomas worthy of a roster spot? I don't know, but it's difficult to imagine them making any significant TE additions.
10. QB - Adios Hanie in 2013. Roster spots are far too valuable around these parts. Trindon Holliday's addition makes it necessary to carry 6 WR's.
RB. I think this team is going to give Hillman his due, they might not like him as a 25 carry per game guy, but I don't see them do anything crazy in free agency of the draft if they believe Mcgahee has another year in him and Hillman can take a larger share of the snaps next year.
LB. This right now looks like the biggest position of need. DJ is going to be a free agent and has a handful of games to show he needs to be back. Trevarthan, Woodyard and Miller are the 3 guys we can build around - I personally believe Mays may be cut. MLB is a position of need, we need an athletic guy in there who can play the run and drop into zone coverage.
CB. Porter is most likely gone, he was on a one year deal and I don't see them resigning him currently. Bailey probably has another year left in him at CB and Carter and Harris are playing well. If there is an athletic cover CB in the 1st round it wouldn't surprise me to see us go that way - I don't think we will be trying to make a big splash in FA at this position, especially given the Clady contract will need to be reworked along with Woodyard and a few others.
DT. This position is a real wild card, Bannan is a free agent, Warren is a free agent, Vickerson is a free agent. I believe Bannan and Vickerson may be back at reasonable costs, I assume we will sign a veteran player. Depending where they want to go with Jackson and Wolfe (DE or DT) they may decide getting a veteran is enough or they could go with a 1st or 2nd round big run stopping NT type DT.
WR. Stokley will skip part of OTAs but will be back for another year. There are a lot of good veterans in free agency this year including Ammendola, Jennings, Bowe, Welker, Drive, Danario Alexander (if he is healthy), Brian Hartline, Devery Henderson. I don't think this will be a position we are going to be drafting highly.
OL. They will either tag or sign Clady and other than that I doubt they will do much.
S. Safety is not a position of concern, with Carter back, Moore really growing into the role and Leonhard and Adams providing experience and depth there is no need to do anything.
TE. I see this as the biggest question mark on the team. Tamme has dropped too many balls and Dreesen is just not getting open consistently enough. Green is a solid blocker and has some playmaking ability but is not getting on the field enough. I would not be surprised to see us try to go after the Stanford guy in the 2nd round if he is there, we need a big athletic target who can provide those mismatches we see other top passing teams get with their TEs.