View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:10 AM   #74
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
1. RB - I don't see the Broncos spending $5M for a FA RB either...there really aren't any guys who would fit well into the Manning system (Felix Jones?). You gotta have a guy who is a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield. A 230 lb. pounder isn't versatile enough. If there is an impact guy in the 1st round, guaranteed we will take him.
What do you think of someone like Shon Greene/Stephen Jackson or even Jonathan Dwyer?

Quote:
2. LB - The Broncos may target an ILB high in the draft (2nd round?). Mays either needs to seriously restructure, or get cut. DJ can't be counted on forever, and Brooking is ancient. It would be wise to draft an impact ILB with talent high in the draft, though they might not want to shake things up just yet, because there are other areas in need of improvement.
Absolutely, this is a big need and DJ can't be counted on as a starter next but just a depth player/insurance in case someone goes down.

Quote:
4. DT - I'm sure the Broncos are going to lock down Vickerson for a couple more years, and probably resign Bannan for one more year. Wolfe should be starting at UT next year you would think. If not, they could make a play at Randy Starks, Ty Warren's spot needs to be replaced.
Yeah, I'm with you on Randy Starks but I think he'll price himself out. What do you think about Dwan Edwards or even Glenn Dorsey who I definitely think would be a much better 1 tech 4-3 DT?

Quote:
5. WR - Not sure if Stokley can go another year in the same capacity. Caldwell stays, but Matt Willis gets replaced with a new addition. Whether it's a FA, or draft pick remains to be seen. The Broncos need to add a dynamic playmaker at WR. Matthew Willis is probably gone.
I think Stokley comes back for another year but we'll definitely need to bring in another slot WR for competition. Not much going in the FA class apart from Danny Amendola who's going to get a long term deal or be franchised.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote