View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #39
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Picking an RB late burned them this year, and could likely keep them from going far in the playoffs. Not to mention it puts way too much pressure on Manning at the end of his career. They are going to look to ride this train as long as possible, and I'm sure will target an RB high. Remember, Carolina picked both Williams and Stewart in '06 and '08...currently we have nothing.

I see RB, and then BPA in the 2nd round. I seriously doubt the 2nd rounder will start immediately, no matter who it is.

Although, it looks like there might not be any RB's worthy of a 1st round pick...so they will probably have to go the FA route with RB too. Oh well.
Most LB have the ability to start day one. Provided they are not busts.

I just do not see Elway spending a number 1 on a RB especially since we will not be picking until mid to late 20's.. Few great ones are left at that point.

I also doubt they draft one that is less than 230 pounds regardless of speed.

I beleive they finally see the merits of having a big back that cantankerous the pounding that the little guys can't, not to mention being able to run up the gut and get consistent positive yards.

Time will tell what they do. For that matter might go after UFA for their RB needs much like Ma Gahee. I would think that there are a few that would love to play in DEN after our recent success. Knowing they get enough carries to be good but not to many to shorten their career.

Hell they may use that number one to replace Clady who we can no longer afford at a position of less stature than it was ten years ago.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote