Old 11-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #116
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think Ball was #2 to start the season because he was good on special teams. Then he went to #3 soon after because Hillman was getting his chance. Ball still active over Moreno, again, because he was good at special teams, and decent at everything, running, blocking, catching, but not really great at any of them.

I do think Moreno is a better runner then Ball. I also think he's just as good if not just a tad better at pass blocking.

I think both guys are going to get their plays. I really do think this is going to be replace McGahee by committee. So it doesn't matter who's in there, not 1 back is probably going to be the "feature" guy.
Dude... you are clueless or just haven't watched the games. There is no way Ball went into the season as the #2 back. Moreno played right after Willis that first and 2nd game. He just got shoved in the inactive list because somehow he found himself in coach's Fox doghouse on a permanent basis.

Look, he fumbled, we get it. What I don't get how Ball, who in my honest opinion has screwed up more times in the few opportunities he has had to showcase himself, keeps getting so many touches. No one in their right mind can argue that Ball is a better overall back than KM. I don't think we have heard the full story behind KM's banishment to the inactive pine.

There is a reason Elway is not ready to sign a back yet. He's comfortable with what we have. And he clearly thinks that whatever we have, is better than any free agent right now. KM is going to get his chance to get out of the doghouse... and I bet he is featured over any other back on the roster the rest of the season as long as he stays healthy.
Heyneck is online now   Reply With Quote