View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #27
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I remember telling people that there must have been behind the scenes problems with Hillis and starting a riot here. Of course when the man-love-affair ended, we all saw this was exactly the case.

I'll say the same thing about Moreno at this point. He's clearly got enough talent to be utilized but yet the staff keeps him inactive. To me, this is a huge tell that something is going wrong with the kid beyond his on-field production. So the question is, will he flame out like Hillis or will he ever use some of that ability? I liked his chances to be a compliment to WM. But, like some have said, he doesn't have the staff's trust. We've seen this before.

That said, he should see touches this week if WM is out. Bottom line is, we all just need to pray that the MRI is clean because he's the most talented back we have by a mile despite the Orange Mane experts claiming otherwise.

It might be some of that, but he also had a major knee injury and clearly wasn't healthy in training camp and the start of the season. I think having other options have allowed them to be more patient with Moreno and save him for a spot like this weekend.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote