Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #59
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
I don't understand the folks that watch these games and conclude that McGahee is an average or below average back...he's freaking awesome in this offense...He doesn't have the game breaking speed, no doubt, but this offense doesn't need its RB to be the game breaker...what he does bring that Hilman and Ball do not is outstanding vision, peerless patience with the blocking, and heavy, heavy pads when its time to go down...it's not that his average gain is so much better than our alternative, its that his variance is so much lower...when he always gets 3-5, it forces the backers and safeties to adjust and then they lose...conversely, a 12 yard run is great, but if it is followed by a 3 yard loss, you are looking at throwing into coverage for the next tow downs...Willis isn't sexy, but he's really good at both blocking and running in this single back set offense...much better than our backups...I hope he isn't hurt badly and is back soon.
Good points but he needs to address the fumbles obviously. That's my only concern with him.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote