View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #1271
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
Everybody understands this rule.

He has to have established possession FIRST before crossing the goal line ends the play.

The act of establishing possession has a number of caveats. If he gets 2 feet down (1 knee, elbow, shin, forearm, ass) and makes a 'football move', possession has been established. If he is contacted and that contact brings him to the ground before the possession could be established, then he has to maintain control through contacting the ground.

I am only arguing this point. I can see where are ruling he established possession. I think its marginal but there. Your point of having 2 feet and the crossing the goal line isnt true if possession hasnt been established.

The whole question is whether or not possession was established before he was contacted. They ruled he did and so doesnt need to maintain it.
Then you're in agreement with me with the rule... however

He already established possession of the ball, he landed on two feet and as he was lunging toward the endzone (making a football move).

So he had 2 feet down, his knee hit the ground as the ball crossed the goal line... all while he was in full control of the ball.

That's pretty clear possession.

You're further ahead with the rule than most people arguing the play in this thread...