Old 11-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #1516
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Going to disagree with you putting Oregon over Notre Dame. I'm no Irish fan, but they actually beat Stanford and won in Oklahoma. Oregon has put up prettier numbers, but they don't have any wins close to as impressive as those two (having lost to that Stanford team in Eugene yesterday).

And I initially shared your assumption that Oregon could make the title game if ND loses to SC, but if Stanford beats UCLA, that knocks Oregon out of their conference title game, not even winning their own division. Unless you're in the SEC, I think voters will require that you win your division to make the title game.

If Notre Dame loses to USC, and Stanford beats UCLA, I think #2 ends up going to the winner of the Florida - Florida St game. Both are at 1 loss. 1 loss ACC winner Florida St would be a sane choice, as would a 1 loss Florida team playing the Winner of the Georgia/Alabama game.
And they almost lost at home to BYU and Pittsburgh. I think in College you need to destroy teams that aren't in your class - especially at home. I think that is why SoCal has Oregon ahead of them. That same Stanford team almost beat the Fighting Irish, don't forget.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote