View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #81
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
But what about Tebow going 18/24 for 191 yards in 4th Q and OT? No you'll just gloss over that, because he sucks or prevent or whatever fits your preconceived conclusions. I'm sure you fault Tebow for hitting DT right in the gut in the endzone because, you know, DT dropped it. So does Tebow get any credit from you? Nope, nothing.

That's the thing I don't get, Tebow showed flashes, but people don't credit him for that. OTOH, people who love Tebow say he needs work. Therefore, I credit Tebow lovers as more level headed than the haters. I saw the same **** play from Orton with a bunch of losses instead of wins, but he had a ton of garbage time stats... I don't know about you, but I"ll take ugly wins over pretty losses any day (and even better this year, because pretty wins are the best!).
Do you remember that guy that kicked a 65 yd field goal for the Broncos like 5 or 10 years ago? Me either.

The league is about consistency. It's not enough to be good sometimes. Tebow was good sometimes but even being good half the time isn't enough if the bad portion is just atrociously bad. At many times, Tebow was atrociously bad.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote