ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Broncos' Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson fined by NFL

Excerpts...

Now it's toward the end of the game. Miller was on a pass rush, got knocked to the ground, crawled and wrapped his arms around quarterback Cam Newton's legs near the ankles. Another Broncos players hit Newton high, but Miller got the penalty for roughing the passer.

Not only did Miller get penalized for hitting below the quarterback's knees, but the league fined him $21,000 Thursday. Miller said he will appeal.

"How am I supposed to know if he threw the ball or not?" Miller said. "I was down on the ground actually the guard facemasked me and threw me into the quarterback. I'm supposed to what? Stand straight up and continue with the tackle?"

Another Broncos defensive player, Kevin Vickerson, was fined $15,000 for his horsecollar penalty while sacking Newton.

Read more: Broncos' Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson fined by NFL - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz2CKiiekR7
Just the league collecting their usual fees. It's like the saying goes, there are only 2 things you have to do, die and pay taxes. For NFL players it's 3 (Death, Taxes and NFL fines).
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote