View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #58
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I said it last year and I still believe it - When McGahee made his comments about the team being more than just Tebow (don't remember the exact words), he was showing that the players resented being the Denver Tebows. I think the Jets resent the same thing and the OP article is just that resentment surfacing.

And as for whether the run was fun last year, it wasn't for me. I enjoy watching good football and it was usually 55 minutes of bad football. I equate the finish to flipping heads 10 times in a row. We just happened to get VERY lucky at the ends of games. The Chicago game with Barber repeatedly messing up is a prime example. Tebow didn't do that, we just got lucky as hell.
But what about Tebow going 18/24 for 191 yards in 4th Q and OT? No you'll just gloss over that, because he sucks or prevent or whatever fits your preconceived conclusions. I'm sure you fault Tebow for hitting DT right in the gut in the endzone because, you know, DT dropped it. So does Tebow get any credit from you? Nope, nothing.

That's the thing I don't get, Tebow showed flashes, but people don't credit him for that. OTOH, people who love Tebow say he needs work. Therefore, I credit Tebow lovers as more level headed than the haters. I saw the same **** play from Orton with a bunch of losses instead of wins, but he had a ton of garbage time stats... I don't know about you, but I"ll take ugly wins over pretty losses any day (and even better this year, because pretty wins are the best!).
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote