View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #44
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
Wow still so much emotion around this. And not sure I get it. Let me ask this -

all you Tebow haters, was last year not fantastic? Winning all those games in the last minute and Tebow often doing crazy stuff to get it done? You don't have fond memories of it??

Sure winning those games was great.....but his contributions to our team were no more impressive than Bubby Brister keeping the Ferrari out of the ditch by going 4-0 keeping the Broncos quest of a perfect season intact or when Gus Frerotte went 5-1 down the stretch after we were 6-4....

In his six games (5 starts) Gus led the Broncos to 5 wins...scored 38 points in 4 of them (scored 38 in 3 consecutive games too) and came off the bench to win Mile High Stadium's final game....but he was ineffective vs. the Raven juggernaut D (who the **** wasn't?) and has been ripped on here mercilessly by the majority of members.....

I guess you're only as good as your last game as a Bronco. At least Gus could throw the damn ball adequately...

All you Tebow lovers - is there any question that the only way he could succeed long term would be for you to build the team around him totally? Do you think it would work long term? Could a QB that is supposed to throw the ball survive running that much? Aren't you glad we have PFM?

As for what they honestly think.....go back and read some of those threads about whether or not we should even pursue Manning, and the venom they spewed at Elway after we did sign Manning...not to mention there were about 50 members who wanted Tebow to be our starter in 2012 instead of Manning.

Don't really understand the uber hate or uber love that much...

I understand why those you say "hate" him have issues with his inability to throw the ball very well....but agree I too cannot understand the love for him as a passer.
In Bold
errand is offline   Reply With Quote