View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #81
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
according to your logic, why didn't they cut/trade DJ at the beginning of the season. Mays went on IR 2 weeks ago, not at the beginning of the season.

The Broncos knew about his upcoming suspension and could of cut him before the season started. Why not go after Demaco Ryans (sp??)? Why not draft a LB in 2nd, 3rd round? You're freaking nuts to think the only value EFX sees in DJ is a insurance policy.

If DJ is such a horrible/bad person and performance on the field is the worst of all our LB as you say, DJ would be long gone. No team holds on to a player knowing in the offseason that the player would be suspended 6 games (later to be 9 games) only as a insurance policy. Your theory doesn't add up.
I thought the same way. Then it hit me they have zero to lose holding on to him. Until they activate him for games he is FREE have not cost him a dime. Till game day.

Now that they forced him to take a reduction in pay forthe remaining portion of the year. And let me spell that out. He redid his contract to get less than the amount he should have in this ca before the redo 7/16s of the 5+ million for the year. He gave up the other 9/16s because he was a dumb ass. That was league mandated.

Now he is going to receive even less of that 7/16s forthe remainder of the year.

That is win win for the team they save I'd guess about 1 million or more in the give back. So instead of 5 mil for the year they have an insurance policy that cost them about a million, setting on the shelf as a spare part in case someone else goes down.

Hope that makes sense.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote