Thread: Doom?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #58
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I posted this in another thread, but it probably belongs here:

Whatever they are doing to motivate Robert Ayers, they need to keep doing it, because he is playing like a wild dog.

Elvis Dumervil will probably be out for several weeks, if not the season....Robert Ayers has the ability to come in and a play a more well rounded defensive end and keep the defense playing at a very high level.

With Dumervil out, the defense will miss his big play ability....the sack and forced fumble potential he brings on every passing play, but Ayers has the ability to make the defense more stout.

All that said, I really hope Dumervil is able to come back in a few weeks, as Denver needs as many weapons and combinations, as well as depth, that they can utilize on defense. This defense reminds me of the 1997-1998 Denver defenses in that they are great at playing with a lead and pinning their ears back when they know teams will be passing. The ability to bring Von and Elvis after the QB at the same time will be missed....when those 2 are on and closing in on the QB at the same time, it's bad news for opposing QBs....and a lot of fun to watch for Denver fans.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote