Thread: Election Day!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #775
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Speaking of influence, I think the "Fiscal Cliff" is going to get solved quickly. Why? Because Wall Street and the banksters are pissed off and are going to pressure both sides to get it done. They just gave Romney and the Republicans millions of dollars and didn't get squat on the investment. They're not going to take any **** from the GOP and will probably start hinting that all their money goes to the Dems in the midterms if the deal doesn't get done.

The next thing to happen will be immigration reform. Why? Because the GOP can see the writing on the wall. They just got their asses kicked in this election. They are going to be looking forward to the midterms in two years and realize they could get their asses kicked again if they don't do comprehensive immigration reform. In other words, they've got to turn around how they are perceived by Latinos. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see some Republican jump out ahead on the legislation and try to make it a GOP associated agenda item.

As far as "Obamacare" goes, I don't think we're going hear about it again.
And before the "he only won by two points" crowd chimes in, it was, in nearly every sense of the phrase, an ass-kicking. There were far more elections out there than the presidency. The first Asian American congresswoman, the first openly gay senator, 20 women senators, openly gay state congress members in states like North Dakota and West Virginia, two states voting for gay marriage, two more states voting against gay marriage bans, marijuana laws passing, the judge in Iowa who overturned a gay marriage ban being re-elected...the list goes on, and on, and on.

The electorate is changing, and the minorities (who will in the near future no longer be numerical minorities) have spoken. The right needs to get in line, or we're going to see a two-party system of mainly democtrats vs. libertarians or constitutionists, and sooner rather than later.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote