View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Do you actually pay attention to why things happen or do you just check the GOP talking points and run with it?

FYI, the market actually rallied back a little in late trading and the reason why it went into free fall in the morning was largely due to bank stocks tumbling.

Why would bank stocks, a group Obama has been notoriously nice to by even right wing accusations, tank so hard because he got re-elected?

Maybe it has something to do with the EU outright stating before trading opened that they expect ZERO growth all next year. Also, that they expect Germany's economic growth to start tailing off.

The big losers yesterday were primary companies like Bank of America and JP Morgan, who are leveraged heavily in European holdings to the tune of TRILLIONS of dollars each. They just got a heads up that those values won't get better for at least a year, when they're already all hanging on the verge of going junk status, and the nation bankrolling what recovery they're seeing is now likely being drug down by it's surroundings and going to run out of disposable income soon.

Couple that with only really just getting into the Sandy trading effect, which is going to cost a lot of major companies tons of infrastructure cost and lost man hours to recover from.

Simple economics man. Our market is too heavily tied to Europe's.
First I did not get it from a GOP talking points. Got the idea to check it out after watching the NYC News on abc7 and the CBS station was checking out the weather.

Did a simple google search and it took me to the msnbc and NBC web sites which I quoted. To y'all libs both irrefutable sources.

In neither story did I come to the same conclusion that you obviously must have got from your progressive talking points email this morning.

Did you ever stop to think that the europeean markets are tied to our political cycle.

That the very small rally was smart folks real businessmen were buying values.
That it was not tied to your boi getting elected.

Everything I have seen or read pointed this mini crash to that last fact.

But then you stick your head back in the sand till this time in 2014. I'm sure it will be corrected then, and y'all will all be sad at that point.

Till then see You.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote