Thread: Election Day!
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #674
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I'm using someone as popular as Clinton was to show the disparity. Even with that conservative figure, it's consistent with the rest of the minority groups and more than enough to swing the election which creates the logical conclusion:

If Barack were white, Romney would have won.

Sad to see 2012 being treated like 1932.

And no, I'm certainly not defending the people you finished your post in reference to. They belong in the same category of shame.
I can buy that a white Democratic candidate might have pulled a few percentage points less of the black vote, but not overwhelmingly so, and I'm not sure I buy it all with regards to Hispanics. First the obvious reason: they aren't black, so it's doubtful many voted Obama for that reason. Second, right-wing rhetoric on immigration has gotten more hostile in the last few years, and so that's why you see a decrease in the Republican haul with that demographic. Bush was fairly moderate on immigration, so he was able to achieve a better number. I get what you're saying, but I think it's a little more complex than simply as race thing.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote