View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #613
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I think it is quite obvious that the republican primaries with the emergence of the tea-party movement have moved sharply to the right. There are a lot of far right activists with anti-federalist views who vote and donate to the primaries, as we saw with Romney and with Mccain before him this forces candidates to move far right during primaries only to later moderate their position.

Mccain was hit by this and Romney was certainly hit by this, he said one thing to get through primaries and then moderated his stance significantly to appeal to voters at large, especially the undecided voters.

There is a shift in the nation, women and young people are voting in greater numbers, minorities are voting in greater numbers and those votes heavily favour moderate and federalist views - if the republicans can not reign in the far right or mobilise evangelicals the way Rove and Bush did they will not be able to defeat a strong democratic candidate in 2016.

It has always confused me how partisan the American political scene is, there is no room for real politics, no room for compromise, no room for efficiency, it is all about partisanism and all about blame. It has gotten to a point where making a bad decision that can be blamed on the other party is better than making a good decision - that is the demise of American politics in my view.
+1 agreed. Its gotten to the point where there is active rooting against parties, which is no good for anyone.

But I have a question for you, personally. How did you manage to grow up and somehow survive your horrible progressive state?? I mean, according to some of the people above, we are doomed because we haven't embraced a far right agenda, and instead will move in a direction that is still far right to much of what is in Europe. So growing up must have been absolute hell for you, right?
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote