View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #604
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This election was hardly and indictment of the GOP. I think overwhelmingly the populace felt like Obama inheritted at least some of this and Romney was demonized enough that they felt they will give what they know more time. The fact that many people voted a split ticket is clear on this. If Dems won across the board, that would be one thing. They didn't. And nothing substantively changed.
Well, i think its both. You hit on something when you said they voted a split ticket, they wanted to preserve some sort of balance, but its no secret that the right has moved VERY FAR to the right, and i dont think the nation has much desire for that.

I doubt a ton changes, it doesnt look like republicans in congress are any more willing to make deals than they were last night, but hopefully we can get something done.

But this idea that America has suddenly fallen off a cliff, when ummm, all we've been doing is growing (not at a great rate, but it hasnt been getting worse) is absurd. We aren't greece, far from it. I dont know where these guys get this stuff from
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote