Old 11-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #18
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Was wondering if someone could help me tap into what Elway was thinking? Moreno is counting about 2M towards the cap this season and I understand once a guy makes the week 1 roster his contract is guaranteed.

The question is, why did he make the roster? He's been around long enough for the coaches to get a sense of weather he can play or not! And if you're gonna keep him at least give him a shot. And no, 8 carries does not constitute a shot. Is he hurt? Is that why he's not dressing?

I find it frustrating that the RB depth on this team is so weak at this point. What's the plan, seriously, if Willis goes down or breaks down?
There isn't a lot of depth at the position. Had Fannin not gotten injured, Moreno might have been let go. Plus he looked as if he could be a good 3rd down back. Add in he knew protections in the passing game better than Hillman early in the season. Plus if you have already guaranteed his salary, why dump him since he is adequate insurance should McGahee, Hillman or Ball get injured
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote