Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #94
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Shanny catching a lot of grief, but 14-27 and 3-6 this year will get that for an HC/GM. Trading two 2nds, two 1sts, and spending a 1st and a 4th on QB's (also FA QB's Grossman and Beck) and you end up with Grossman, RG3, Kirk Cousins, and you still have a 14-27 record will get you some grief also. RG3 looks like a keeper, but on a weak overall team losing a 2nd and two future 1sts to get him doesn't bode well for the future.

In fairness, he's lost some key players on both O and D this year (Orakpo, Carriker, Garcon, Fred Davis).

He looked worn out in the postgame presser that's getting so much play, but I don't think he was saying he's packing it in for this year, kind of misinterpreted there a little bit I think.

He has a tough row to hoe coming up this season and in the future also. No 1st rounders for the next two years, plus that weird FA penalty they got nailed with.
good post

I'm still baffled by how much the Skins traded to get RG3. I also think Shanny will get this year and next year to turn things around because of RG3. That being said Shanny simply refuses to learn. Maybe it's his super inflated ego (this is my theory) but he just keeps making the same mistakes over and over.

If Shanny fires Jim Haslett due to the poor defense then my respect for him will continue to decline. Fact is, Shanny is reponsible for the defensive woes. Sure, they have some injuries but all teams have injuries. Shanahan needs to do two things to win THIS year and his team is only really capable of doing one of these two things: run the ball effectively and play good defense. Don't put it all on a rookie QB's shoulders to win games. Unfortunately the defense sucks.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 11-05-2012 at 09:23 PM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote