Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The Kansas City Chiefs
Last season: 7-9

Veteran Additions: QB Brady Quinn, RB Peyton Hillis, TE Kevin Boss, OT Eric Winston, DE/DT Ropati Pitoitua, CB Stanford Routt, HC Romeo Crennel (promoted).

Offseason Losses: QB Kyle Orton, RB Jackie Battle, FB Le'Ron McClain, TE Leonard Pope, OT Barry Richardson, C Casey Wiegmann, DE Wallace Gilberry, NT Kelly Gregg, CB Brandon Carr, S Jon McGraw, HC Todd Haley.

Draft Picks:

Round 1: Dontari Poe DT Memphis
Round 2: Jeff Allen OT Illinois
Round 3: Donald Stephenson OT Oklahoma
Round 4: Devon Wylie WR Fresno St.
Round 5: DeQuan Menzie CB Alabama
Round 6: Cyrus Gray RB Texas A&M
Round 7: Jerom Long DT San Diego St
Round 7: Junior Hemingway WR Michigan

Schedule:
Sept. 9 Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.
Sept. 16 at Buffalo Bills 1 p.m.
Sept. 23 at New Orleans Saints 1 p.m.
Sept. 30 San Diego Chargers 1 p.m.
Oct. 7 Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m.
Oct. 14 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.
Oct. 21 BYE
Oct. 28 Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m.
Nov. 1 at San Diego Chargers (Thurs.) 8:20 p.m.
Nov. 12 at Pittsburgh Steelers (Mon.) 8:30 p.m.
Nov. 18 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m.
Nov. 25 Denver Broncos 1 p.m.
Dec. 2 Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.
Dec. 9 at Cleveland Browns 1 p.m.
Dec. 16 at Oakland Raiders 4:15 p.m.
Dec. 23 Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m.
Dec. 30 at Denver Broncos 4:15 p.m.

Analysis: The Chiefs started the season with some terrible luck with season ending injuries to their star running back Jamaal Charles, safety Eric Berry and their emerging tight end Tony Moeaki. Despite this, they still managed to 15th in rushing and 11th in total defense. With all three returning this season, itís reasonable to assume they will continue improve on that this season. They have a solid special teams unit with the 8th best punt return average in the NFL and opponents had the fourth fewest kickoff return yards against them. I was a big fan of the way they threw a bunch of picks at offensive line. As an outsider, I would like to see the Chiefs go back to having arguably the best offensive line in the NFL the way they were in the early 2000. They also drafted Cyrus Gray, a big bruising back am sad to say I was a big fan of, and could be a perfect complement to Charles. Currently Bowe is holding out and it is looking likely he is willing to pull a Vincent Jackson and sit out the first ten games of the season. Steve Breston is a more than Solid number two but not a true number one and will not be able to fill that role. Jonathan Baldwin had a disappointing rookie year and hopes to improve going forward. It was pointed out to me that Baldwin was ranked 95th worst in drops last season. That doesnít bode well for his transition.
The Chiefs were 24th in passing offense and were third in fewest passing touchdowns thrown last year. This of course is because of their biggest weakness, Matt Cassel. Cassel is woefully average, and while it could be worse, it will not be much better. Romeo Crenel took over and was able to get them a couple of late wins, but his career .350 winning percentage is essentially terrible.

Prediction 9-7: The Chiefs are the sexy pick to win the division. Technically, with the schedule the AFC West has this year, 9-7 could win it. I donít believe they will, though. If the Chiefs get back to a ground game that is strong, they will be able to protect Cassel and lean on their defense. They have a team that could beat anyone if a few things go well. I correctly picked them to beat the Packers last year. This year I think losing Wiegman and getting two rookie tackles (wherever they play) means some transition on the offensive line. Unfortunately their schedule is absolutely brutal, and will require better QB play than they are capable of mustering. Against teams like the Saints, Ravens and Steelers, Cassel just does not have the ability to fire back if they get in a shoot-out. They also were tied for third fewest sacks in the NFL last year. Hali is basically a one man show, without any help it is less likely they get the stops they need to in critical situations. The deal-breaker for me is Crennel, who I consider another Wade Phillips in that they are both excellent coordinators and horrible head coaches. I expect their defense and running game to keep a lot of games close, but at the end of the season I think theyíll come up a bit short.
@ 9-7

****ing loser
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote