View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #49
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Since this was our only existing "Bengals Thread" right now, I thought I would dump this here. SI.com has an article about the game, where Marvin Lewis and Stokley talk about the "Immacualte Deflection" game in the 2009 opener. Pretty interesting.

Article Quote:
The last time the Broncos visited the Bengals (3-4), Brandon Stokley's 87-yard "Immaculate Deflection" touchdown catch on a batted pass with 11 seconds left gave Denver a farfetched 12-7 win in the 2009 opener.
"Brandon runs through my mind all the time," Bengals coach Marvin Lewis lamented during a conference call with Denver reporters. "But I wish we had more guys here that were on that team. I think we have about seven guys that were actually in that game."
Believe it or not, Stokley also has had bad dreams about that play in which he cradled cornerback Leon Hall's deflection at midfield and raced untouched into the end zone - but not before he headily took an extra couple of precious seconds off the clock by running along the goal line before stepping across for the score.
"I just kind of saw that nobody was behind me chasing me. I saw a guy kind of give up on it. I knew there wasn't a lot of time left, so I thought, why not try to run some time off?" Stokley said. "And then the next day, I kind of started having nightmares about it. What if I'd have gotten caught? What if I had fumbled? What if somebody would have hit me?
"I think next time I'll probably just get in the end zone."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2AzG1kVWp
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote