Old 10-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #49
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimSizzle View Post
I live in the Raleigh area so that would be a bit a drive. Thats the reason are we are making a weekend of it.

Any places we should go to Charlotte to eat or drink? We are staying near the BOA.
plenty of places. Charlotte doesn't have the best night-life in the world, but it's not completely dead on weekends either. The obvious place to mention is the Epicenter. I really like Black Finns there - think upscale sports bar. There are a number of bars and clubs all in the same area.

There are a number of other decent bars and restaurants in the area, but I haven't really had the chance to explore them all. Dixies Tavern is supposed to be pretty good. RiRa's is a good Irish pub.

A little further out than Up-town, Olde Mecklenburg brewery has a nice little tasting room, but not much around. Taco Mac has a great beer selection. Bill Spoons is probably the best BBQ near up-town. I like it better than Macs Speed Shop, which is where people tend to suggest...I'm not really a fan of Macs, it's over priced, IMO and the place tries to be an "upscale biker bar"...the type of place where bank executives will ride their Harleys to. I know there's some cool stuff in NoDa area, and there are some cool spots at the NC Music Factory - VBGB beer hall, in particular.

ETA: you are a homebrewer, right? Might be worth while checking out NoDa and Birdsong breweries. I haven't been to either one, but they are next door to each other and about 4 miles from the stadium.

Last edited by mwill07; 10-31-2012 at 08:54 AM..
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote