View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #111
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
You do of course realize that the last time DJ played MLB, Denver had the 30th ranked run defense right? We are currently giving up a full yard less per carry, and those stats are slightly skewed between games that Brooking started v. Mays. In the 3 Games Brooking started, Denver has given up less than 200 yards combined on the ground. That is the importance of being in the right place. DJ does not have the ability to play smart on his own, much less line everyone else up correctly.
I already addressed this. Brooking plays mostly in our base 5-2 formation on 1st and/or 2nd down. Not much direction is needed to line up there.

I guess if you want to pin our defensive problems in the past to DJ, then sure, go ahead.

But this is what I SEE on film from Brooking as purely being used as a two down run stopper.

1st and 10 on the 20:
Saints opening drive in the 2nd half. Fullback motions over to the left and Woodyard/Brooking read that key to shift over in that direction. Open lane up the middle where Brooking is up one on one against the RB at the 20 yard line.
Attached Images

fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote