View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #85
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I agree over Brooking and Mays that DJ is better. However, he should not just jump into a starting role as soon as the suspension ends. Work needs to be put in, he needs to earn the spot with on the field production. By just giving a guy who has done nothing for the team this year an automatic starting spot can cause some tension on the team. But if the team let's him earn a starting spot it reinforces that the best start. You can't say a guy with 0 production or participation is automatically the best.

That being said I say when he returns he begins as Brooking's backup and a special teamer. As he shows he is better than let him return to starting in the middle.
Ok, let's stop talking opinions.

Here are facts:

1. Why does DJ have to earn the spot? Brooking certainly didn't, Mays lost it.
2. How many 2nd half tackles does Brooking have in the past two games as starter? I can barely remember two/three.
3. How many tackles for a loss, forced fumbles etc does Brooking have?

Yes, Brooking lines up the Defense (sometimes) but the guy physically fades badly as the game wears on. So much so that we're constantly having to sub/move guys like Trevathan in and out.

I agree that DJ has been as dumb as a bag of **** but on the field he's vastly superior in the physical aspect of the game. As long as he's not mentally damaged he can take the next three weeks (under suspension but can be present at the facility) to get up to speed on the defense.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote