View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
It was the right play outside of the goalline.

He's growing. It's a cerebral position and the rest will come.
What was the right play, to stay center field and give help on neither of the 2 routes? I don't agree. To a point you stay centerfield so you can give help to either side but the further the play goes along, you have to make a choice. Against the better QB's in this league, you can't simply react once the ball is thrown, by then you'll be too late. You have to try and have a feel for where the QB wants to go, favor that direction but not committing to it fully. If you guessed wrong, you won't be able to get to the other guy in time to stop the possible catch but you could assist with the tackle. By favoring your direction when the play is about 3/4 through, that gives you time to get to the potential WR in time to make a play on the ball. Especially since you're talking about a long pass play to the endzone. You CAN'T stay middle and never choose. Either of those receivers in that case would have had a 1 on 1 catch against the CB with no safety help. That CAN'T happen. But he is growing, I know, I said that also. But this is the area he needs the most improvement in. Which is odd, because I thought coming out of college his cover skills were better then his tackling skills.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote