View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 02:30 AM   #171
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
He is above average. Like a C+ type LBer. The kicker is outside of Miller he is the best lBer ont he team. So, Denver needs to upgrade LBers in the offseason, but Williams will help when he gets off suspension.
It is only YOUR Opinion that he is an above average lb and yet you have zero proof that he is the second best lb on the team..

Stats say otherwise..

Code:
WOODY
              G	GS	      Total	Solo	Ast	Sck	SFTY	PDef	Int	Yds	Avg	Lng	TDs	FF	FR
TOTAL 	
2012 	DEN 	6 	5 	48 	33 	15 	2.0 	-- 	1 	1 	7 	-- 	7 	0 	0 	--
2011 	DEN 	15 	7 	97 	67 	30 	0.0 	-- 	2 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	2 	--

Dumb Ass
2011 	DEN 	13 	13 	90 	70 	20 	5.0 	-- 	2 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	3 	1
just for giggles. Millers number
2012 	DEN 	6 	6 	26 	20 	6 	6.0 	-- 	1 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	1 	--
2011 	DEN 	15 	15 	64 	50 	14 	11.5 	-- 	4 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	2 	--
Brookings
2012 	DEN 	6 	4 	22 	13 	9 	0.0 	-- 	0 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	1 	--
Mays
2012 	DEN 	5 	4 	20 	7 	13 	0.5 	-- 	0 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	0 	--
if you look closely at the numbers you see in 2011 when they both played in 6 less starts WW lead him in tackles, had the same number of passes defensed, one less forced fumble.. dumb ass beat him in sacks, but since we have no idea it WW was asked to attempt blitz's we have no way of knowing that he may have gotten a similar number there also..

in the five games started this year WW is on pace or ahead of DJ for tackles, sacks,PD and ahead OF HIM IN PICKS..

IMO WW is the second best LB on the team at this point in the season..

IN fact looks like he is a ahead of Miller in tackles by almost 2 to1, same in pass defensed and ahead in picks..

Now Brookings is almost that same as Miller in all stats save sacks..

and since I added Mays he is about the same stat wise as Miller, Brooking..

So while I know you and several others have a huge Woody for DJ you might want to revise your thought process on him.. HE ain't the same guy you fell in love with..

BTW I read some where that most of his tackles are drag them down from behind, Something I have been saying for several years.. His numbers have been great but when the tackle is after they make a first down, well it is not all that special..

I'm hoping that they keep Woodyard doing what he has been doing playing damned fine football..

NOW I will agree that we have a soft spot at Mike and Brookings is only a rental so let both hope they find a great replacement in the off season if one of the kiddies do not step up..

Last edited by lonestar; 10-25-2012 at 02:32 AM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote