View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #69
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
Woodyard is playing well, and we've had flashes from some of the younger guys, but it's VERY obvious that Joe Mays is NOT a good MLB. Yes, when he is in position to make a hit there are very few players who hit as hard as he does. But he's one dimensional in that way, and i'm sure most people here understand that. Then you have Brooking. I honestly think even at his age he's a step up from Mays. Like it has been said, Brooking is not going to be able to do it all season. Enter DJ. I don't understand why people think he can't come in and contribute. Granted, he's never been the superstar we hoped he would be but as a MLB he was LIGHT YEARS ahead of Joe Mays. Energy, experience, athleticism, hard hitter, put him in! His problems have been off the field, not on the field, and not in the locker room. Put. Him. In. ...when he's eligible.
Once again I will say it.. dumb ass was used as a Mike for a year and then moved AGAIN after that experiment went belly up..

The guy is dumber than a rock, when asked to relay defensive calls into the front 7 each play he was unable to do even that minor thing, he did not have a clue about changing said call if the Offense was not lined up the way they thought they would..

One of the other LBs had to make the calls mid way through the season

Brooking as long as he can go is the natural player there with load s of experience and Hey FOLKS he knows the Play book and has been running it very well while on the field much better than anyone else..

And lets not mention that dj is most likely a few weeks away from being in game shape.. lots of potential of hammy issues being out of shape..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote