View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #38
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Batman Begins was stupid.

Dark Knight was terrific but really, it was only great because of Heath Ledger's performance.

The Batman movies fatal flaw is, Batman sucks as a character. He's a borish brooding fellow full of self loathing and self pity.

Being dark doesn't make it a better movie, it makes it a different kind of movie. I have yet to see the new Batman (but want to!) so I cannot comment on it.

Iron Man 2 was better than Iron Man 1 for a variety of reasons. Namely, better actors (Don Cheadle > Terrance whatever his name is, and Mickey Rourke rules). I like Tony Stark's character infinitely more than I like Bruce Wayne. Both being rich, one is awesome and the other isn't.

That being said, Iron Man series is a little more "cartoonish" as you say, because the Iron Man comics were not nearly as dark as the Batman comics. The movie series are both fantastic IMO, but not comparable as they are both very different kinds of movies.
From the previews it looks like Iron Man 3 is going to be pretty dark so that is good. As far as Iron Man 2 I think I liked it more than the Avengers. I haven't seen it for awhile. I hope the Avengers next movie will have a better villian.

Like you said a lot of it is the villian in the movies, Joker awesome, robots from outerspace uh not so much.