View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #30
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Still hoping Blake will become the answer at Center. Kid just needs more work in pass protection, but won't get bull rushed like Walton does. IIRC, the team was all set to take DeCastro until the Steelers selected him one pick before us.

I'm taking that to mean they aren't satisfied with the G position either. In my fantasy world , I see them moving Franklin to LG and selecting D.J. Fluker, kid from Alabama, to play RT. That would give us 4 of 5 starting linemen that are experienced at both the run & pass and weighing 320 lbs or more.

LT- Clady 325 lbs
LG- Franklin 335 lbs
C- Blake 320 lbs
RG- Kuper 305 lbs
RT- Fluker 335 lbs
I think they will leave Franklin in the RT position. RT is traditionally the run blocker on the OL and that is his strength since he is a mauler in run blocking. The fact he has grown and is in the top 15 of OTs in pass protection in the NFL speaks to his growth. I agree with someone that said we should probably draft another Center (hopefully someone like a Pouncey). All that said, our OL is really young (Koppen excluded) and is more than likely, one of the best in the league--if not the best. If we draft OL, it will be for depth. I still think we go after a MLB and more DL depth in the draft.