View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 03:55 AM   #61
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Thomas and Decker look like a very good starting WR tandem moving forward.

Thomas has looked like a legit number one receiver since day one to be honest. His issue has always been his health, any time he's been on the field and fully healthy he's been great. If he stays healthy he's going to have a great career.

Decker as a number two looks good to me. He's had 11 TD's since the start of last year and a lot of that came playing with Tebow, with whom he didn't have great chemistry. He doesn't have the big play ability of physical gifts that Thomas does, but as a number two guy he's fine.

The issue is that after them we don't really have anyone that I'd feel at all comfortable starting. Stokely is doing well as ever, but he's a pure slot guy. Willis I like as a special teams guy and depth player, but he's limited. Caldwell has been a major disappointment. If Decker or Thomas go down the drop off will be major, need them to stay healthy.

I think WR will be an area we'll look to improve next offseason. There could actually be some great options in FA with Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Mike Wallace and Wes Welker all possibly hitting the market. I doubt we go after any of them though and I'd rather we spent the money elsewhere, quite honestly. Try and pick up a mid range FA type for depth and then maybe spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on someone who we feel could start down the line.

The only possible target I could see would be Welker. He'd be an amazing weapon for Manning, I have no idea what sort of contract he's going to get though given his age and the fact that he's a slot receiver, albeit a fantastic one. But I'd still like to see us invest a decent draft pick in the position next year.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote