Originally Posted by KevinJames
What do you guys think of Wolfe's play so far? Do you think he has a high ceiling or not?
From the Oakland/SD games where I rewatched games and focused on his individual play:
1. He's not a fast twitch, explosive guy off the snap.
2. He's largely not much of a pass rusher so far.
3. Doesn't anticipate the snap and is mediocre in his first step.
1. Plays with a very high motor.
2. Strong against the run.
3. Plays A LOT of snaps and doesn't seem to wear down much.
Jack Del Rio does a pretty good job of trying to get him on one on one matchups by shifting him around from place to place.
I think he still has huge room for improvement as a pass rusher though. He does display good closing speed but his initial moves need refinement.