View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #4
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos DownUnder View Post
Was I the only person who was scratching their head at some of the calls?

1st quarter-
The Rivers "false start" out of shotgun was a phantom call, even after they explained it ... that false start just was NOT THERE at the time the ref threw his flag.
The Rivers "false start" when he was under center ... again, NOT THERE when the flag was thrown.

4th quarter-
The Decker "touching" the defender flag ... really? Some of the Denver DBs were mugging SD receivers and didn't get flagged.

You can say they "offset" each other, and that it all works out in the end, but should we really be reduced to the ref's flagging plays to "make amends" for prior calls?
The under center one I could sort of see, the shotgun call was a complete phantom call. There is a limit to how much you are allowed to simulate the snap and when Rivers got called under center he definitely put his down and came back up like he was getting the ball.

The offensive pass intereference on Decker was a phantom call as well, he in no way interfered with the defenders ability to make the catch - which is something that should be assessed according to the rules.

I couldn't really tell on the first Harris interception if he got a hold of Royal more or less than 5 yards down field, it looked borderline when I saw it live.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote